Kingston Synchro will be competing as much as possible over the coming months.
National Masters Synchronised Swimming Championships
Stevenage Open Synchronised Swimming Competition
Please find results from past competition
You will be contacted by your coach with relevant competitions as they become available.
Here is a checklist of things you will need to compete:
- Plain black swimming costume
- White hat
- Nose clips
- ASA registration card
- Poolside shoes
- Club T Shirt
- Black leggings/shorts
- Routine costume and headdress
- Pastry brush / paint brush
- Bun net, hair pins, tie and brush
- Old towel
- Tip 3/4 sachets of gelatine into your bowl, then pour on half a cup of boiling water and stir with the fork until dissolved. Ideally the gelatine should be just thin
enough to run off the fork, if needed keep adding water to thin.
- While the gelatine is cooling, pull your hair into a high and tight ponytail
- Twist your hair into a tight bun and pin to keep it secure. You’re aiming to have the bottom of the bun in line with the top of your ears
- Place the bun net over the bun and pin to secure
- Pin down any stray bits of hair that are too short to tie up
- The gelatine should now be cool enough to start applying, suggest at this stage you cover your shoulder with an old towel to catch any drips
- With the pastry brush, or hair dye brush, apply the gelatine sparingly over your head, don’t forget the bun!
- Finally, to make sure there is no chance of your hair falling out, two coats is always a good idea.
Here is a video of how to gelatine your hair with added tips as well.